|Buildings and structures located in coastal areas are subject to long term deterioration due to the harsh environmental conditions adjacent to large bodies of salt water. Other means of deterioration include moisture intrusion, fire, insect activity, differential foundation settlement, and exposure to high wind loading. Impaired structural and waterproofing conditions can be restored to prolong a property's lifespan. BillerReinhart designs the restoration of existing buildings. Representative projects include the following:
Tasks for such projects include the following:
- Commercial and residential structure restoration
- Parking garage restoration
- Plaza deck restoration
- Building envelope consulting
- Roof consulting
- Exterior finish repair
- Historic building / structure rehabilitation
Biller Reinhart performs construction administration services during the project's construction phase. Such services include the following:
- Perform surveys of existing buildings, parking structures, and plaza decks to assess existing conditions.
- Prepare reports to document survey findings and repair recommendations.
- Coordinate with clients to develop a suitable project scope.
- Prepare drawings and specifications for contractor bidding, permitting, and construction.
In summary, Biller Reinhart provides structural consultation to the client from project inception to project completion.Renovations of existing structures are often necessary to meet the needs of building owners and tenants. Representative projects include the following:
- Site visits to observe completed work.
- Product submittal review for materials to be utilized during construction.
- Review of contractor pay applications.
Our firm has applied our engineering expertise in projects for hotels, schools, community centers, university buildings, airport buildings, office buildings, warehouses, retail buildings, pharmaceutical plants, petroleum plants, and food processing plants.
- Relocation of structural building components due to modified space requirements.
- Strengthening of structural components to increase capacity necessitated by occupancy changes, upgraded mechanical equipment, and additional storage requirements.
- Facility upgrades.
- Building additions and expansions.
- Adaptive reuse.
- Storm hardening.
Featured Restoration & Renovation Projects (please see our portfolio for more projects):
Oceanfront Hotel | Mariner Beach Club | Coral Reef Beach Resort | Van Wezel Performing Arts Center | Old City Hall | Park Trammell | Manatee County List Station | Sarasota Opera House | Lithia Springs Elementary | Bayport Plaza Parking Garage | NABI Biopharmaceuticals | USF NW Chiller Plant | Glades at Seminole | Hilton Downtown Miami | Grand Hyatt Tampa | Chapel by the Sea | Ocala Regional Medical Center | Clearwater Marina | Key West Walgreens