- Project Size: 63,000 Sq. Ft.
- Project Location: Boca Raton, Florida
- Budgeted Construction Costs: $2,500,000
- Actual Construction Costs: $2,500,000
- Completion Date: 2006
- Client: Information Available Upon Request
- Owner: Information Available Upon Request
Biller Reinhart Engineering Group, Inc. performed structural design and prepared construction documents (drawings and specifications) for additions and renovations to this pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in Miami, Florida. Biller Reinhart reviewed shop drawings and submittals regarding structural work. Biller Reinhart performed site visits during construction to observe progress.
Structural work included the following:
- Perform necessary calculations as a feasibility study to estimate the structural capacities of the existing elements (i.e., columns and foundations) affected by the proposed modifications to the existing facility and to size new steel elements to expand the interior mezzanine to relocate air handler units from the roof to the expanded interior mezzanine.
- Design of foundations for various process tanks and equipment
- Design of a structural steel catwalk system and stairs for access to process tanks and equipment
- Design of stainless steel platforms for access to process equipment
- Design of steel supports for air handler units to be located on the existing roof structure
- Design of process equipment pits and sumps
- Structural modifications requiring new openings in existing exterior wall panels
- Design of steel pipe rack support system on the existing roof structure
- Design of foundation and steel support frame for new cooling tower Support beam at steel roof bar joists above fermentation room to accommodate manufacturing process
- Steel framing modifications to accommodate a new 10’x20′ opening in the existing roof structure