Van Wezel Performing Arts Center
Biller Reinhart Engineering Group, Inc. . provided structural engineering design and renovation services for the removal of the existing hydraulic orchestra lift and replacement with electric lifting mechanisms. The new lifting mechanisms employ a coiled, flexible flat steel spring that expands with the insertion of a thin vertically-oriented spiral steel band. The result is a fully rigid column formed of continuous integrated I-shaped sections. Other structural elements required for the installation of the new lift system included shoring of the existing lift framing structure, mounting plates, and concrete footings to support the new lifts, reinforcing of the existing guide system and validation of the lift framing structure for imposed loadings.
- Project Location: Mainstreet at Bradenton, Bradenton, Florida
- Budgeted Construction Costs: Not Available
- Actual Construction Costs: Not Available
- Completion Date: 2013
- Client: Information Available Upon Request
- Owner: Information Available Upon Request